Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stir-Fry Chicken with Green Peppers



1 (8 oz.) can pineapple
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tbsp. corn oil
6 green onions, chopped
1 med. pepper
3 servings of rice

Directions
Drain pineapple. Blend 1/3 cup with cornstarch and soy sauce. Add chicken. Marinate 30 minutes. Drain, reserving syrup marinade.
Heat wok. Add corn oil. Stir-fry chicken 3-4 minutes. Push chicken to one side. Stir-fry onions 1 minute. Add peppers. Stir-fry 1 more minute.
Mix chicken and add marinade and pineapple in wok. Cook 1 minute. Serve over rice.

My thoughts: Stir frys are SUPER quick and easy to make. The short list of ingredients also make it super inexpensive (sometimes I don't even add the onions). This is my go to recipe when I have some chicken breast around and don't have a lot of time to cook. I love the crispness of the peppers with the sweetness of the pineapples. The marinade is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment