Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend update . . .

Lots going on this past weekend.  Met up with Sharona at Sonoma for Restaurant Week.  I love going to Sonoma for Restaurant Week cause I truly believe that they offer the best deal in town for this semi annual event.  Unlike most participating restaurants, Sonoma allows diners to select anything from their menu rather than one or two pre-selected items and serves full portions.  For the first course, diners are allowed to select one item from the charcuterie, starters and salads, or firsts section of the menu.  For the second course, diners are allowed to select a pizza, a doubled first, or a second.  The third course is either two cheeses or a dessert.  This time around I started with the risotto truffle (divine!), then I had the pork porterhouse (yummy!), and I finished my meal with the chocolate trifle and sabayon (heavenly!).  To go with my meal, I had the Alexander Valley Vineyards “Temptation” Zinfandel.  Sharona and I had a great time catching up while Mike took care of Noah.  We talked for 3.5 hours straight!  Good time with an old friend!

Saturday was all about the taxes (ugh) sprinkled in with plenty of play time with Noah (hooray).  The day ended with a fabulous steak with blue cheese butter and frites dinner courtesy of Mike – another yummy meal!

On Sunday we got to meet up with Randy and Daphne for dim sum at Fortune.  Again SO yummy!  We got a chance to catch up on what everyone’s been up to since the holidays and started planning our trip to Napa – can’t wait!  Then we headed over to Alexandria for my friend’s kid’s 2nd birthday party.  There was a play room filled with mats and a ball pit.  Noah was too young to play with any of the other kids, but he had fun playing with me and Mike doing some tummy time and standing exercises.  Several people thought he was a girl (and this wasn’t the first time) despite his outfit.  Is it time to cut the hair?!  He was pretty cranky the rest of the day but I wasn’t sure if it was cause of the busy morning/early afternoon or cause he is teething or both.  Either way, he woke up at 1AM again.  After three weeks of decent sleep, am I in for another round of sleepless nights?!

No comments:

Post a Comment