Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time Flies By . . .

Wow, Noah just turned 6 months old. Crazy how quickly time seems to be flying by. It’s going by so quickly it seems like I am always playing catch up. I think part of the reason for this is cause of information overload. It seems like I am constantly checking all the latest updates on blogspot, fb, myspace, friendster, etc. to see what everyone is up to as well as updating my own status. Even something as simple as uploading pics seems to take up more time than necessary. Once a picture is taken, I have to download it to my computer, and then upload it to shutterfly. While on shutterfly, I have to email it to my family and update my annual photobook (for an event this means selecting just the right set of pics out of many and cropping if necessary). In addition I also have to upload it to blogspot if mentioned in a post as well as upload it to multiple online social networks if I feel like sharing them that way. Hmmm . . . what used to be an enjoyable experience now eats away at precious minutes I could be doting on Noah or spending time with the hubby and friends. I think it is time to simplify my life.

In other news, since I haven’t had time to blog in about a month, here’s what I’ve been up to. Mike’s cousin Cathy came down for a visit and got to meet Noah . . .












Had a blast watching the Super Bowl at Mae and Dennis’s and made Ghirardelli chocolate truffles dusted with cocoa powder and pecans . . .



Started planning a trip out to Napa with our friends Randy, Daphne, Abby, and Kris (Mom and Dad are going to watch Noah). Can’t wait! Two weekends ago, it was unseasonably warm and so spent the day with the family down in Capitol Hill. Noah used his full sized stroller for the first time and loved it (Thanks Aim!!!). It was a perfect day.



I’ve been making desserts in my spare time. Two weeks ago made a Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry Tart which apparently was a hit with my neighbors and Mae’s co-workers. Then for Valentine’s Day made Apple Charlotte with Sabayon (Tyler Florence’s recipe) with Mike. Very yummy! For Valentine’s Day, had dinner with Mae, Dee, Melvin, Lisette, and the kids. Mike got me a beautiful arrangement of flowers. I guess that’s all for now.

1 comment: